System of training: PADI
Level of training: For professionals
The PADI Assistant Instructor course has been developed for the divers having the qualification of a Divemaster. Divemasters get additional training required for conducting the lessons and assisting the instructor: they learn how to organize and control immersions and special attention is being paid to the development of their pedagogical skills. The program of the course specifies the subjects for self-studying and also theoretical and practical lessons where the candidates learn to demonstrate exercises and teach the students according to the PADI program.
The goals of the course:
- teaching to training the PADI courses and specialties and the programs of familiarization with diving;
- assignments for self-studying;
- practical assignments in the swimming pool and in open water;
- a written examination on the theory and the PADI standards.
Terms of enrolment in Assistance Instructor course:
- to have the PADI Divemaster Certificate or a similar certificate issued by another organization which certifies divers;
- to be 18 years old;
- to be in a good physical health for doing diving and to submit a health certificate about medical examination signed by a doctor;
- to have the diver’s certificate throughout for at least 6 months and also to make and register 60 immersions in open water among which there should be night deep dives, underwater orienteering.
Having got the PADI Assistant Instructor qualification you may work as a PADI instructor’s assistant, to teach in a limited volume.
Having finished the courses successfully you will get a card and a wall-type certificate confirming awarding PADI Assistant instructor qualification and become a member of PADI.