System of training: PADI
Level of training: Technical diving
The course of technical diving PADI Tec 40 is the first one among three stages of the full course PADI Tec Deep Diver. It is designed for those divers who have already known the meaning of the safe stops, the difference of air from nitrox and are ready to conquer a new depth. At this stage you will use not only the equipment for amateur diving but some equipment for technical diving.
Technical diving is not simple and accessible for all but our instructors are ready to be your reliable guide to the underwater world. The course PADI Tec 40 trains a diver to the decompression dives on air and enriched air with an oxygen content to 50% with total decompression time not more than 10 minutes to the depth of 40 meters.
- to learn to use the programs for planning technical dives and a diver’s computer for planning and performing decompression dives (the total decompression time is not more than 10 minutes) not deeper than 40 meters;
- to use a cylinder with a decompression gas (with an oxygen content to 50% – EANx50) for a more conservative decompression.
The terms of enrolling in the course Tec 40:
- a certificate of PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or an equivalent certificate issued by another teaching organization);
- a certificate PADI Enriched Air Diver (or an equivalent certificate issued by another teaching organization);
- a certificate PADI Deep Diver (or an equivalent certificate issued by another teaching organization);
- to commit a minimum of 50 logged dives the following type:
- 10 dives on nitrox;
- 12 dives deeper than 18 meters;
- 6 dives deeper than 30 meters;
to obtain doctor’s permit (availability of a signed medical form).
The course Tec 40 is a preparation for the courses PADI Tec 45 and Tec 50 and are taken into account while taking the course.