System of training: PADI
Level of training: Specializations
The Dive Propulsion Vehicle specialization is developed for teaching the divers to use a diver propulsion vehicle (DPV), to familiarize then with the special skills, knowledge and planning diving with a scooter.
The underwater scooter perfectly suits all judges of diving, lovers of outdoor activities on water, competitions and other activities. With a scooter you can dive and cover long distances.
If you pass the course and master the program you will be able to inspect the maximum number of underwater landscapes in one dive, with the minimum number of efforts, and for the minimum time necessary to get to the underwater object or place.
- learn more about the DPV device, its maintenance and safety regulations rules while diving with a scooter;
- to practice the skills and techniques necessary while diving with a DPV, complications and hazards connected with its use;
- learn to plan, organize and conduct the dives with a scooter;
- to be able to determine the time for returning;
- to take correct actions in case of the DPV breakdown;
- to handle with the DPV if it does not switch off;
- to take correct actions when making descents and ascents.
The program of the course includes 2 dives in the open water which can be done during 1 day.
The terms of enrolling in the Dive propulsion Vehicle course:
In order to be enrolled in the course a diver must have the PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver qualification or its equivalent and be not younger than 12.
The dive with a DPV made within the Adventure Diver course can be taken into account while taking Propulsion Vehicle Diver special course at the discretion of an instructor.