System of training: PADI
Level of training: Specializations
The aim of the course is acquisition and development of the initial level of knowledge required for diving in the conditions of drifts. The feeling experienced by a diver swimming underwater under current can be compared with the state of flying. You can test it on yourself within the special Drift Diver course. The dives under currents charm by their beauty. You needn’t work with your legs, a drift will move you from the starting place of the dive to the place of going out to the surface at the end of the dive. And all the time the beautiful sceneries of the underwater world will pass by you and you can admire them in a relaxed state.
- Planning, preparation, stages of dives under currents and dangerous situations and problems arising in this case;
- Using special equipment: buoys, ropes, coil;
- The ability to control buoyancy, navigate under water, communicate with a partner;
- Selecting a location for the dive, an overview of the causes and consequences of the emergence of currents;
- The ability to stay close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with current.
The program of the special course provides for 2 dives in the open water during 1 day.
The terms of enrolling in the Drift Diver PADI course:
The 12 years old and older divers, with a minimum level of training the PADI Open Water Diver course (Junior Open Water Diver) or its equivalent are allowed to pass the course. Immersion in terms of flows, committed in the course Adventure Diver, at the discretion of the instructor can be counted during the passage of a special course Drift Diver.
After completing the course Drift Diver PADI you will be able to plan correctly and conduct dives in the conditions of currents and feel the impression of “flight” when drift-diving.