The Stage A course is aimed to provide basic knowledge of the different freediving categories, the important rules of behaviour and the safest way to perform freediving while allowing the fastest improvement.
About the Stage A Course.
- Minimum Age: 17 (14 with Parental consent)
- Open Water Training: 2 sessions
- Static session + Dynamic Session
This course covers the following subjects:
- Freediving categories.
- Safety for freediving. Rules of behavior for freediving.
- The buddy system and the role of the buddy and diver in training.
- Training session planning.
- The difference between a depth session and a Spearfishing session.
- Equipment for freediving. Which mask, snorkel, fins and suit to choose when you go Training…
- Physiology for freediving
- Proper breathing for freediving. We will discuss the first of 3 stages of proper breathing.
- Relaxation techniques for static training. Relaxation is the most important aspect of Static training.
- Equalisation techniques.
- Preventing pressure injuries (barotraumas) whilst Freediving.
- Freedive emergencies.
- avoiding and reacting to blackout and “surface samba” (loss of motor control).
The Training sessions include Static breathhold training, Dynamic training and open water sessions.
- The emphasis is on energy efficient movement in the water.
- The main idea is to prolong the dive time and not only the depth.
It is important to understand that with proper training and knowledge a Freediver will improve the depth as well as the dive time.